We at the Washburn University KSBDC are very excited about our upcoming event, Access to Capital for Small Businesses, which will be taking place September 26th in Manhattan.
Access to Capital is a half-day educational and networking event for the following:
- anyone who might open a small business within the next few years
- current small business owners who need to work with a bank to manage cash flow cycles
- current small business owners who are thinking about remodeling, relocating, expanding, or entering new markets
- current small business owners who need money for new product development
- small business manufacturers
- small businesses involved in technology or innovation
- rural small businesses
- business owners interested in learning about working with investors
- business and entrepreneurship students
- anyone who advises small business owners formally or informally
With presenters from several regional banks, the SBA, NetWork Kansas, USDA, Washburn University KSBDC, the Trade Adjustment Assistance Center, MidAmerica Angels, KS Securities Commissioners’ Office, and local Economic Development offices, this is a unique opportunity to find out about – and to connect with – these important resources for small businesses.
Presentation topics include what small businesses need to know about working with banks, SBA and E-Community loan programs, using different types of capital for different purposes, grants for rural development, grants for technology development, grants for manufacturers, working with investors, tips about pitch competitions, and working with local resources such as the Kansas SBDC and economic development programs.
Access to Capital for Small Businesses is sponsored by the Washburn University KSDBC, the Kansas State University College of Business, Central National Bank, Kaw Valley State Bank and Sunflower Bank.
Register here or by calling (785) 234-3235
Date: September 26, 2017
Location: Kansas State University College of Business, Room 1092 (Manhattan)
Sign-In: 7:30 – 8:00 a.m.
Presentations: 8:00 – noon
Networking: Noon – 1:00